IaaS | PaaS | SaaS | Public Cloud | Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Function-as-a-Service | Data-as-a-Service | Serverless | Virtual Machines | Hypervisor | Docker
- what is cloud computing; cloud computing types or various mainstream cloud computing platforms such as IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, FaaS, DaaS
- hands-on introduction about Docker such as how to set up a web server using Docker, hands-on with many day-to-day Docker commands from a DevOps perspective
- introduction to virtualization, virtual machine, and hypervisor
- serverless computing, AWS serverless stack, function-as-a-service
- quiz on various topics which may help you in various AWS certification exams
- multitenancy in cloud computing; cloud computing deployment models: public, private, hybrid, community, and multi-cloud
- cloud computing applications deployment models
- cloud computing advantages
- how to setup Linux virtual machine using Oracle VirtualBox
- No programming experience is needed in genera
This course is about cloud computing. It covers almost all topics related to cloud computing.
The course first starts with the introduction lesson. In this section, you will learn about what cloud computing is and different terms. By the end of this first lecture, you will have become familiar with many cloud computing terms and gained a general idea about what cloud computing is. The following lecture is about cloud computing platform types or cloud computing types. In this lecture, you will know about the different main cloud computing platform types.
The following lesson is about cloud computing platform types. There are lectures for each platform type, such as infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS), software-as-a-service (SaaS), data-as-a-service (DaaS), desktop-as-a-service (DaaS), and function-as-a-service (FaaS).
The next lesson is about different cloud computing deployment models. The section starts with an introductory lecture about cloud computing deployment models. Then there is a separate lecture for each cloud computing deployment model, including community and multi-cloud.
The following lesson is about deploying applications on the cloud computing platform. It follows with a section on the advantages of cloud computing.
The next lesson is about virtualization, virtual machine, and hypervisor. The section also includes a lecture on how to install Ubuntu Linux virtual machine on Oracle VirtualBox.
The following lesson is about serverless computing. Learning serverless computing in cloud computing is essential nowadays with the inclusion of function-as-a-service components in most cloud-based modern architectures.
The next lesson is about Docker. It covers Docker at the introductory level. Since this is a very hands-on section, you will gain solid foundational knowledge about Docker, such as the installation of Docker on Mac, DockerHub, and day-to-day Docker commands from the DevOps perspective.
- The course is geared more towards software professionals or engineering students interested in learning about cloud computing at a more comprehensive level, from theory and practical perspectives. The course covers a broad range of topics related to cloud computing, including AWS introduction, virtualization, virtual machines, serverless computing, and Docker.
- The course content will also help in many AWS certifications exams as there are numerous examples of many AWS services. Students will also get hands-on knowledge about EC2, IAM, and S3 service at an introductory level.